II. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED BY CHIMERA
In order to provide you with the benefits of using our Website, Chimera collects certain information from you and your Devices.
- Personal Information that You Provide to Us
We may collect the following limited Personal Information about you, depending on your interactions with us:
- Contact Information: Contact Information includes your name and email address and other similar information you may provide when you contact us. We may collect your Contact Information when you subscribe to our investor relations email alerts or contact us.
- Information Collected from Your Browser or Device
We automatically gather and store certain information about your Website visit from your browser or the computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (“Device”) you use to access the Website. Such information includes your IP address, browser type, operating system type, length of time on the Website, and how you got to the Website. We may collect this information through the use of server log files and other methods. We, and our third-party service providers, may use this information to administer the Website, help diagnose problems with our servers, and analyze usage trends.
- Information Collected Using Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies; Do Not Track Signals
Certain web browsers may provide an option by which you may request your browser to inform websites you visit that you do not wish your activities to be tracked by cookies or other persistent identifiers, commonly called “Do Not Track” signals. The Website currently does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
III. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the Personal Information we collect from you for a variety of business or commercial purposes, such as to:
- Respond to your inquiries, questions and requests;
- Send you the investor relations email notifications and alerts for press releases, SEC filings, stock information, financial documents, governance documents or presentations;
- Communicate with you about your activities on the Website and, in our discretion, changes to any Chimera policy or notice;
- Operate, improve, maintain, administer and provide the Website;
- Manage our business, including performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
- Evaluate and improve our services, conduct research and perform analysis, learn more about our users and customers, and enhance the customer experience, including to better optimize and target our marketing;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory requirements, or as requested by government or regulatory authorities;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Chimera; and
- For other purposes specifically disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
IV. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf: We may share your Personal Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf, such as our service providers and vendors that host or operate our Website, analyze data, store data on our behalf, or provide other processing needs.
Business Transfers: In the event that Chimera is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
Legal Disclosure: We may transfer and disclose your information to third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that the law or a governmental authority requires it; to verify or enforce our Terms & Conditions or other applicable policies; to address fraud, security or technical issues; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect our rights or property or security of third parties, visitors to our Website or the public.
We may also share non-Personal Information, such as anonymous information or aggregate data, with any third parties.
V. NO SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Chimera does not sell your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties (including for their own direct marketing purposes) without your consent. In addition, Chimera has not sold your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties in the last 12 months. If you are entitled to any disclosure rights in your jurisdiction regarding our sale of your Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties or our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, this disclosure satisfies those requirements. If you still wish to learn more about our compliance with this requirement, please contact us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
At any time, you may choose not to receive the investor relations email notifications and alerts from us by (i) selecting the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send you or (ii) unsubscribing on this webpage. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response when you contact us through investor inquiries or human resources.
VII. CORRECTION AND DELETION OF YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to delete or correct any of your Contact Information that we may have collected about you, you may go to the Manage Email Alerts webpage. Unsubscribing from the investor relations email alerts will delete your associated Contact Information for the alerts.
VIII. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take information security seriously and use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Website and provide us with your information at your own risk.
As an investment company, we do not seek to, nor do we knowingly collect, information directly from children under the age of 13. If a child has directly provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted. To do so, contact us through the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
X. CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
If you are located in the European Union, the United Kingdom or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Website, or providing us with any Personal Information, you (a) acknowledge that the Website is subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
XII. CONTACT US
By Postal Mail:
Chimera Investment Corporation
Attention: Investor Relations
630 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10111